Thursday, October 21, 2010

AURORA MONSTERS Documentary - a must see!!

QUOTING from CORTLAND's email : 
I was too young to buy one of these models when I was a kid, but my brother had a couple and I LOVED THEM.
He had Frankenstein and Dracula. God I wish he still had them....

In the spirit of Halloween, there's a new documentary on DVD called AURORA MONSTERS - THE MODEL CRAZE THAT GRIPPED THE THE WORLD.

Below is some copy I stole from another site that explains some of it:
 
Those great models from the 1960s and 1970s that stole the hearts of a Monster Boom Generation! TV horror host Zacherly hosts. Artist James Bama and much more! Many make-up artists, illustrators, actors and film makers are included. Among the guests - Aurora cover artist, James Bama, actor and model sculptor Jeff Yagher, illustrator and model maker, Daniel Horne, from "Sideshow Collectibles" - Tom Gilliland, with Mat Falls, giving a wax sculpture demo, the artists of "Mad Geppetto", actor and collector, Daniel Roebuck, Frank Winspur - president of "Moebius Models", master model builder and painter Mike Rutherford, and a lot more. Visual and colorful.

You can buy a copy at Creepy Classics! I know I'm going to.....Totally excited to see it.......


2 comments:

  1. I have to have that! Those kits are what got me into all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a copy - if you haven't I'll lend you mine after I watch it.

    ReplyDelete